- Communication in clinics
- Consultation skills
- Content of your clinic
- Standardisation of the clinics
- Charging for clinics
By the end of the week delegates will be able to:
- Understand the process of consulting
- Understand the importance of communication, the customer journey and improving outcomes
- Understand the importance of protocols for clinic content and the running of these clinics
- Puppy and kitten clinics
- Senior clinics
- Other lifestage clinics
- What to include
- Timings of clinics
By the end of the second week, delegates will be able to:
- Timings of clinics and how these will improve client education and binding to the practice
- Understand the content for these clinics and what to discuss with clients at this time
- Understand the elements of preventative healthcare.
Obesity and mobility clinics
- Content of mobility and obesity clinics
- Nutritional requirements for obesity
- Client motivation
By the end of the third week, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the content to include for each of these clinics
- Learn how to calculate feeding amounts, what treats (if any) we can feed and exercise regimes.
- Understand how environmental adaptations can improve QOL for our pets with mobility issues
- Understand the role of supplements in these cases
- Discuss methods of how to motivate clients
Practical aspects of running clinics
- How to increase client numbers
- Client compliance
- Making recommendations
By the end of the fourth week, delegates will be able to:
- How to increase compliance in clinics
- How to increase numbers coming into clinics, and increasing recommendations to the clinics.
- How to talk to clients about nutrition – and nutritional fashions.
- Understand the importance of nutritional assessments in all of the nurse clinics
The course will be fully tutored by Nicola Ackerman, and will consist of 10 hours of CPD given in various formats, including tutorials, tasks, case studies, forum discussions and quizzes.
For some further information about our Online Tutored CPD courses - please open the guide below: