BSC(Hons) Physiotherapy, DipAVN (Surgical), RVN, MCSP
Donna qualified as a veterinary nurse in 1993, whilst working in a busy small animal practice. She then took up the position of head nurse in this practice and gained the Diploma in Advanced Veterinary Nursing (Surgical) in 1998.
In 2000 Donna joined the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Services (R (D) SVS) as a surgical nurse. From 2002 Donna was employed as an emergency and critical care nurse, and whilst studying for a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (2009). Donna then returned to the R (D) SVS in 2009 as a physiotherapist / veterinary nurse.
Since May 2011 Donna has been employed at the Glasgow University Veterinary School, with the Pain and Rehabilitation service providing physiotherapy and hydrotherapy to small animals.
Donna has given many physiotherapy lectures at local level for the Scottish British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA), at national level for BSAVA and at international level for the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA). Donna is the author of Practical Physiotherapy for Veterinary Nurses, published by Wiley in 2015.
- Basic Physiotherapy for Recumbent and Respiratory Patients
- What Can You Achieve with Hydrotherapy?
- Physiotherapy for Post-Operative Patients
- Respiratory Physiotherapy - More than just Coupage?
- Introduction to Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Introduction to Neurological Physiotherapy